1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Above average readers fail phonics screening test!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ginger22, Jul 5, 2012.

1. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

Oh sorry-what's your address again please?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Look at the black bar at the very top of the page. To the right of your username you will see 'Inbox'. Click here and you will be able to read any messages that have been sent to you. (PM - Private Message - not seen in the public forum). If you have any unread messages you will see a number in brackets next to Inbox e.g. Inbox (2).

3. Thanks. There were a lot of messages in there. I will try to respond to the most recent at least!

4. mystery10

You might have missed an invitation for tea at Buckingham Palace!

5. ??? Apart from the instances I've already spoken about on here, and to which you have previously referred?
    There's not a lot of point in this, is there? I can sense more carping and nitpicking coming my way and I'm tired of it even if you're not. It appears that in your haste to attack, you are not even reading posts properly. Oh, the irony.

6. Those who sent me personal message will receive a response over the next few days. I think it will answer some of the requests however, if I point out that I will only be sending the Grammar resources to primary/junior school teachers with a Y6 class who will be facing the new Grammar test in May. I would prefer to be contacted by email at eddiecarron@btconnect.com and not by the personal messaging service.
    The Grammar resource is aimed at the majority of children rather than only the 20% who are again likely to transfer to secondary school unable to read or write confidently, sacrificed on the altar of a dogma that insists that sight vocabulary plays no part in the reading process and that even the most experienced readers serially decode every grapheme in every word no matter how many thousands of times that word has already been encountered and that ‘eye-movement’ studies PROVE this. Somehow the sheer incongruity of the words ‘Maizie’ and ‘neuro-scientist’ appearing in the same sentence says it all. The RRF organisation which proposes this incredible philosophy squandered the wonderful gift of intellectual honesty that it inherited from Mona Mc Nee (a teaching assistant) and changed it into the self-aggrandising pseudo-intellectual irrelevant wasted opportunity it has now become.
    Any primary/junior school which has not previously participated in my research project may of course request a copy of the Grammar resource.

7. You might have missed an invitation for tea at Buckingham Palace!
    The recession has not yet reduced me the point of needing alternative sources of toilet paper.

8. mystery10

[​IMG] Do you think it has "property of HRH"printed all over it?

9. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Actually Eddie the two children who narrowly missed achieving a level 4 were predicted to achieve level 1/2 in reading at the end of KS2 becauseof their identified language processing difficulties ...

10. Actually Eddie the two children who narrowly missed achieving a level 4 were predicted to achieve level 1/2 in reading at the end of KS2 becauseof their identified language processing difficulties ...

Try actually answering the questions that a poster asks you!
    This will not apply to my questions because I will not be asking you any!

11. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I'm not attacking you I'm genuinely trying to get a picture of your full experience, You said you've done Toe by Toe and RWI but did you have real training or were you dropped in at the deep end? Have you had the chance to observe someone teaching phonics not delivering an intervention?

12. Have you looked at phonicshelp.co.uk Ginger it may just help :) Goodluck