1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

About MOE UAE Help please

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by stated95, Dec 8, 2018.

1. stated95

stated95 New commenter

Hello

I need a serious and urgent help and advice from the members of this forum.

I am from and living in Pakistan 8 months back I graduated from American University of Sharjah in Bachelors of Science in Chemistry. 3.2 Cgpa

Now I applied for Science ttp job on the moe website and as there are no interview centers in Pakistan I had to choose uae and now I have got an interview call.

My overall experience is training for 1 month with dubai police in forensic department when I was in Uae on during my studies, and tutored some students in my university.

My question is should I go for the interview because of expenses of travelling etc? and what are my chances of getting this job?

What are the rejection rates after the interview or the odds of getting the job 80%, 90%?
    If I had a decent interview will I get rejected?

Will I get advantage for my studies in Uae?

What is the criteria of the interview strict or easy?

Please help according to my profile.

Thanks

2. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

Honestly I don't think anyone can help you here. None us will have any idea of what the MoE are looking for with the TTP - the fact they've offered you an interview means you have a chance but plenty of people do the interview and don't get offered a job.

3. february31st

february31st Established commenter

You fit the MoE recruitment profile perfectly.

You will be teaching local Arab kids so you have some subject knowledge with your degree, you will speak and write Arabic, you will not complain about the low standard of the students, you will put up with the bullying from the school management, you will take the pitiful salary on offer and you can be deported immediately at the whim of your sponsor!

I understand your reasons for wanting to work in the UAE, good luck as you will need it to work for the MoE.

sparklesparkle likes this.
  4. stated95

stated95 New commenter

So what do you think is it worth the time and money to go for the interview in dubai?

Most of the posts I have seen here of people who got interviewed got selected I have seen only 1-2 rejections in this forum and also read somewhere that you have to be really dumb to get rejected If you have performed ok in the interview you will definately get selected.

Is it true? What is your opinion on this?

Thanks

5. Mr_Frosty

I would say most people who get rejected don't log on here to post about it. I'd guess there are hundreds of unsuccessful interviewees around the world.

Only you can know if it's worth the time and money - it all depends on how valuable your time and money are and how willing you are to risk them when you might still not get the job.

Edit: I'd also add that although I am not a big user of Facebook, anytime I do log in I always see posts in the teaching groups here from qualified teachers from India and Pakistan looking for jobs, so it might not be that easy to secure a position.

6. stated95

stated95 New commenter

Thanks for your reply.

7. stated95

stated95 New commenter

Is arabic a must? Or is it all in sarcasm?

8. february31st

In all probability you will be teaching local Arab boys who will not be able to access the curriculum in English.

9. Mr_Frosty

There are plenty of MoE teachers that do not speak Arabic. None of the ones I'm friends with speak Arabic - they're all American, Irish, English or South African.

10. february31st

There are several streams of national schools in the UAE. The top stream will be taught in English by western teachers. The bottom stream may well be of the Arab state less people, instructed in Arabic.

11. stated95

stated95 New commenter

From what I read in the requirements when I submitted my docs that they require only IELTS and no arabic is mentioned so I dont think this can be the cause of rejection.

12. roston93

roston93 New commenter

go for it man .you will get the job .I personally think having studied in the UAE is a major boost since they actually prefer people with UAE experience. Another advantage is if you are successful ,your paperwork will be processed faster since your referees are local and also you wouldnt need to attest your documents. Positive vibes only man !!you will get the job as long as you know your subject and pass the test

stated95 likes this.
  13. ak2046505

ak2046505 New commenter

Hi,
    I am facing the same situation. I have been graduated from England and my interview is in january. Currently i am in pakistan. Did you got your interview successful? If it is please share because i am very confused.