1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

About bloody time - NASUWT Supply Survey

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by cissy3, Feb 4, 2012.

1. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

I have just done this survey.

I couldn't answer a lot of the questions as they were not applicable. ie I am only getting odd single periods here and there, as a 'casual cover supervisor'.
    Needless to say, I pointed this out in quite strong terms in the comments box!!
    Thanks for bringing the survey to our attention though. As you say, perhaps Nasuwt may get a clearer picture of how dire the situation really is.

2. I've completed the survey. I was really pleased that there was a comments box. I've given them my tuppence worth!

3. darkness

darkness New commenter

Better late than never, but clearly a reactionary thing. Why did they not see this was going to happen, why sign up to the WLA.

I wouldn't bet on anything being done though, it is my understanding, except for the NUT other unions plan to have CSs as members, and even the NUT are considering it.

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

As I can't fill in that survey I've emailed my Union to ask if they intend canvassing their supply teacher members to gain evidence on what is happening in schools.
    If you are in a different Union, please make a fuss too and get the plight of supply teachers on their radar!

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I agree. Two things I did with NASUWT were e-mailing my National Executive member direct, and contacting the subscriptions department for a backdated subscription rebate proportionate to my average working week.