1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Able gifted and talented leader - TLR

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by bmw44, Feb 13, 2012.

1. I am AGT leader but am not on senior leadership team, I was asked to take it on at the end of last year and felt obliged to because I had just gone onto UPS. my query is should People on UPS be expected to take on extra responsibility such as this? I also lead Science and Healthy Schools. If I give up AGT will this reflect badly on me if I wanted to pursue senior management in the future? Currently Senco has half a day for Senco and half a day for senior leadership plus her half day ppa with no subject to lead, I just feel maybe she should have AGT too. I can get an odd half day for AGT each term if I request it. Would just like other people's opinion. Thanks!

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

No, you can not be required to take on extra responsibility becqause of UPS - expectations are just that. Is AGT that onerous? if it is, just ask for more time.
    Sounds like your SENCO is getting too much PPA by the way, it's supposed to be 10% of timetabled teaching time ....

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Perhaps you're just not gifted and talented enough to warrant the TLR :p

4. You cannot be required to take on extra responsibility, but you can be asked and you can accept. You might want to consider what would look good on your cv.
    Just a reminder - PPA time is a <u>minimum</u> of 10% of timetabled teaching time.

5. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Good point, tom. Guess I'm too used to pointing out the minimum entitlement to people being denied it.....