1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Aberdeen presentations

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by lisaelst, Jan 24, 2011.

1. I had an interview the week before last and I'm really starting to panic about it. The interview itself went ok (ish) but I think I messed up the presentation. I did the maths development topic and thinking back it was soooo dull! I didn't use any visual aids....I literally just talked about maths from the perspective of a new teacher etc. Grrrr! How did everyone construct their presentation? Did you feel it made up the most important part of the interview? I'm kicking myself now. Also....has anyone heard if they've been accepted? I've heard they are letting people this week.

2. I had an interview the week before last and I'm really starting to panic about it. The interview itself went ok (ish) but I think I messed up the presentation. I did the maths development topic and thinking back it was soooo dull! I didn't use any visual aids....I literally just talked about maths from the perspective of a new teacher etc. Grrrr! How did everyone construct their presentation? Did you feel it made up the most important part of the interview? I'm kicking myself now. Also....has anyone heard if they've been accepted? I've heard they are letting people this week.

3. I had an interview the 13th .. still havent heard bck yet either ... im the same think the interview went o.k(ish) but not great... i only used flashcards i didnt use any visual aids and the girls who were waitin with me to go in only had flash cards as well.. theres not much u can really do without power point... i literally just read from the cards ... im starting to get really impatient waiting!!

4. I'm told we're hearing back this week, so best of luck ladies!
    I actually feel the opposite to you guys - I was really pleased with my presentation and thought they seemed really impressed by it, but I feel like I froze up and was really nervous during my interview.
    Like Dora said, without powerpoint there wasn't much we could do to spice up the presentations - besides, they're not looking for colours and visuals - they're looking to see how well you understand the role of a teacher and how well you can communicate that understanding.
    I've been checking Track umpteen times a day and am really itching to get the results. I'm fully in two minds as to whether I did well enough to get a place - trying to be positive but don't want to get my hopes up when there is so much competition.