1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Aberdeen Interviews?

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by Rosie-Mary, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Hi all -
    has anyone applying to Aberdeen heard anything yet?
    I sent my application mid-November and last week contacted them to check they had received my copies of qualifications,
    just curious to see if anyone has had any good luck yet!

2. I sent my qualifications last week and I went on to check the portal and they are currently considering my application. Speaking to people I know that applied to Aberdeen last year they don't usually send anything out until after the New Year.

3. Glad to hear that - am at exactly the same stage!

4. It's horrible having to wait so long to hear anything. Hope you get an interview. [​IMG]

5. Thank you so much - think your wishing paid off as I found out today that I have one!
    No idea of the date yet but am very excited!
    Wishing you all the luck in the world as well :)

6. I got a letter today - mine is the 12th of January!! So nervous about it though.

7. Congratulations! Mine is the 17th, looking forward to it but of course very nervous too!
    Presentation...

8. It's the presentation that's scaring me. I'm trying to get as much advice from people I know that have gone through the interview before so hopefully it isn't as scary as I am imagining it to be.[​IMG]

9. Hey, my interview is on the 12th as well! Very nerve-wracking, though I got an interview last year and it's not nearly as scary as I thought it might be... They're quite informal, and the interview itself really doesn't last that long.

I'm just very relieved that we don't have a group interview - I was dreading the thought of that...

10. I am so glad that we don't have to do a group interview either - think that would of shot my nerves to pieces!
    I will be so glad when it's all over and done with though.[​IMG]
    What time is your interview?

11. does anybody know if we have to do a maths and english test???
    I have an interview the 13th :)

12. im the same i dunno how it went ... i really messed up in the interview thoug didnt answer the questions near well enough and i havent started any of my wrk experience yet ... they also forgot to ask for my picture at the end .. they said to me at the start had i got and they said we'll get it at the end but they never asked
    did cathy reply

13. Hi all - my interview is this Tuesday and I'm busy preparing!
    What kind of questions were you asked?
    Sorry to hear that you don't feel they went fantastically - but I think that each person is their own harshest critic - I'm sure they were very impressed.
    If they don't ask for my photo I may have to force it upon them :)

14. oh really i thought the interview were only the 12th 13th and 14th ....
    em i cant remember them al but they were all the basics...ill give you what i remember
    why do you want to be a teacher
    what skills do teachers need and what do you need to improve on
    what challenges did you face in your work exp (they drew on what i wrote in my P.S)
    How did you prepare for your presentation
    Why did you pick this topic
    What other topics interested you
    Did you think any of the other videos where different from the way things were when you were in school
    What role will you play on the pgde course (i didnt really get this question it was the last question so maybe important)
    what are your strengths
    give an example of teamwork and how you dealt with the team
    what challenges does a student teacher on the pgde course face
    thats all i can really remember but make sure you have all the basics covered (strengths, challenges for a teacher all that stuff and you'll be fine)
    They get questions from things you wrote in your personal statement so make sure you know it inside out... they're really friendly and its quite informal so don't worry about it :)
    good luck :)