1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Abandoning OFSTED graded observations for a while?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by chamnett, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Hi, has anyone had experience of abandoning OFSTED style gradings for lessons for a while? SLt in my school are thinking of doing it in favour of coaching and I am trying to convince them, so any evidence to support this would be great
    thanks

2. Hi, has anyone had experience of abandoning OFSTED style gradings for lessons for a while? SLt in my school are thinking of doing it in favour of coaching and I am trying to convince them, so any evidence to support this would be great
    thanks

3. Excellent idea. Unions don't recommend oftsted gradings for performance management because of the need to focus more clearly on what the focus of a lesson is. Coaching, when done well, can be an excellent strategy.

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

5. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

6. Great blog. The only LO I have had this year was by a staff member who has openly said she dislikes me and the LO feedback reflects this! Totally unprofessional and unfair.