1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

abacus cards

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lizzylou, Aug 16, 2007.

1. can anyone help me with these... i am going to a new job... and have always used unit plans which i love... with adaptation!

now we are using the renewed framework and the abacus scheme (i found out on monday) but the year 1/2 teacher i am replacing has NICKED the abacus year 2 resources because she is going to year 2 at her new school.

Does anyone have the teacher cards they could email to me... or somewhere on the web!
    BLOODY CHEEKY I KNOW but i've reached the end of my tether!

someone linked me to the abacus sight which had the 1st half term, which is wonderful... but i was really looking for the whole lot!!

2. can anyone help me with these... i am going to a new job... and have always used unit plans which i love... with adaptation!

now we are using the renewed framework and the abacus scheme (i found out on monday) but the year 1/2 teacher i am replacing has NICKED the abacus year 2 resources because she is going to year 2 at her new school.

Does anyone have the teacher cards they could email to me... or somewhere on the web!
    BLOODY CHEEKY I KNOW but i've reached the end of my tether!

someone linked me to the abacus sight which had the 1st half term, which is wonderful... but i was really looking for the whole lot!!

3. Have you looked on Abacus website? I seem to remember that teacher cards were downloadable - but could just be wishful thinking!

4. SORRY! No help at all! I must learn to read to end of postings!

5. Have you tried going via Hamilton Trust website. They have planning for each term.

6. hi I have a paper copy of the abacus cards - I'm not sure if its any use at all(maybe posting). but the abacus site generally updats the cards available at the start of each new term. I have done year 2 medium term planning using new framework and linking it abacus if you want to see it? Don't know if this is any use at all?!?

7. Abacus are bringing out a new scheme this year which replaces the old cards. It is inline with the new framework. I was under the impression that this was sent to schools to replace what they had, although I could be confusing this with abacus evolve. Worth asking about though.

8. ww.myprimary.co.uk have the abacus cards to download - or if you email me i think i have them saved on my computer

schnowbabe@yahoo.co.uk

9. apologies my primary used to have the cards for download - can't find them now - but just re-read thread maybe it is beacuse they have renewed their scheme - sorry for my confusing answer!

10. up......
    anybody who can help??

11. I know your post is over 4 years old but I was wondering whether I could have a copy of the Year 2 abacus cards if you still have them. I'm finding planning a real headache and hope they might help.They were free on the Abacus site but sadly are no longer available.Thank you

12. Just to note I suspect the Abacus cards people on this thread are talkinig about will be the old ones which will not follow the new framework.

13. For *Flibbles Sake (*change Flibble to your obscenity of choice) it's a four year old thread - it's going to be talking about the OLD Abacus anyway (and probably the old NNS), the posters may well have long since quit teaching, the TES and ran off to live a life as a pole dancer in Bognor Regis and you're bumping for a freebie on your planning?!

Do YOU have stuff from four years ago ready to email cos someone can't be bothered to do planning themselves?

Flibble - sick of the incessant "me toos" at the moment and member of the Campaign to Not Be Taken To Mrs Cole.