1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cinnamonsquare, Apr 20, 2012.

1. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Sorry, I needed that.

Been ill over the whole holiday, now I'm back at school I've had a migraine that painkillers didn't make a dent in - even standing upright was too difficult and painful.

School is a difficult place to be anyway due to lots of things that I won't go into in case anybody knows me here.

Mortgage and bills seem to increase just at the time when I really need to watch every penny. For the past 3 months I have run out of money before the end of the month - not good. The cat still gets his dinner, I'll do dinner duties at school for a free lunch!

To top it all off I have found that I sizeable number of our wedding invitations have gone astray in the post and just not made it to their intended destinations. That means now contacting everyone to find out if they received their invitation or not and now sending out all the information again (at least by email this time, I definitely can't afford another round of proper invitations!)

No need to reply, just needed a rant before I cried and I feel a little better for writing it down and sending this out into the ether.

2. Pageant

Pageant Occasional commenter

Complain to Royal Mail. Put in a lost post form and tell them of the stress and inconvenience caused. They will probably compensate you - the first time.
    Royal Mail are a complete pain when it comes to losing post.

3. cinnamonsquare

Oh I didn't know that! Can you do that just for bog-standard first-class? It's not like they were registered post or anything? Thanks.

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Can I join you in a communal howl please? Just had tricky news.

5. cinnamonsquare

Howl away. The more the merrier.

Maybe we should make this a thread just for howling.

Hope your tricky news isn't too troublesome giraffe x