1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AA breakdown renewal.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ROSIEGIRL, Feb 23, 2012.

1. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Members for 30 years.
    Renewal quote £219.98
    Online quote for new members £165
    RAC equivalent £138
    Phoned AA and ranted for about half a minute - price reduced to £130.
    Good result - but what a racket!

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Yes,we have to do this every year too! It doesn't take long but it's pretty annoying.

3. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Lead commenter

We get two cars and two people covered for everything for £100 through our insurers, with brittannia. We've called them a few times and they've been very good.

4. You could have got it for £115 with quidco :-O

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Assuming you're talking vehicle recovery and not car insurance..

AutoAid charge a flat rate of £38 a year for policy holder plus spouse, driving any car(s).

Only catch is you have to pay for the recovery up front then claim the costs back as an insurance claim. It's worked for us.

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

7. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

I know there are cheaper ways of doing it - I was just bugged by the fact that they try and get away with it.
    When OH rang them, one of the choices on the automated bit was 'If you're thinking of leaving press 3' and the it literally took seconds for the woman to say 'OK!' - so they're obviously well used to it.
    Grrrr.

8. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Companies try allsorts of rubbish. It seems to be the bigger they are the worse they are too. I'm furious with UPS at the moment but thats another thread all together... [​IMG] x

9. The AA were notorious for their call-out delays. [​IMG]

10. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I use my tesco vouchers for RAC cover. Last year I got a quote renewal from them for £140 even though I have never had any call outs. The next week I got an automated letter from the department that deals with the tescos vouchers to say I could use vouchers again, so I bought 2 person breakdown for £36 of tesco vouchers. I think it's £40 this year.