1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A452 CA 1 D&E

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by essexwideboy, Mar 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. essexwideboy

essexwideboy New commenter

Hi all, sorry if this has been posted before. I have been given this controlled assessment as an emergency job due to circumstances beyond the school's control. What do the board want to see as evidence of planning, design and dry run please?
    Thanks

2. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

I'm assuming you're doing the June 2016 CA with LMC, where Qu1 d and e are3 the plan design ,dry run code and test a LMC program.

The examiner wants you to use LMC to do the same thing you worked out in Qu1 c (can't say what this does, or it'll give the answer away and OCR will pull the whole exam series AGAIN!!!). For evidence, they would expect you to produce some form of planning (a flow chart or psudeocode or both for higher marks), design (you writing about what you are going to do and using a variable table to show the variables concerned) and dry run (run through the code you propose as a paper based exercise).
    For the coding, they would expect you to show the code you created, explaining (with screenshots), how you developed it from the design, and finally screen shots of you testing it to show it works, and if anything goes wrong explain why it did and fixing it.

3. essexwideboy

That's great thanks. As if the answer isn't obvious lol. That's pretty much what I thought, nice to have it confirmed though.

4. essexwideboy

The dry run thing is irksome though, everyone for this and in real life programming always wants to get stuck in to the actual coding.

5. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

And all you can do is show them the mark scheme (which you are allowed to do), and show how many marks they get for coding, compared to how many they get for planning and evaluating.

essexwideboy likes this.