1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A4 or A3 laminator?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by minnieminx, Oct 28, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

i have an A3 laminator, I'm not an NQT though. No you don't need the A3 facility very often, but when you do it is nice to be able to just get on with it.

2. I got my A4 laminator on amazon. It's a brand called Swordfish, and I buy my laminating pouches on there too from a company called 5star. It was reduced from about £45 down to £20 and is brilliant, haven't had any problems. Same goes for the laminating pouches which cost me about £2 per 100. They're good quality, as in you can cut things out after laminating and the pieces won't fall apart.

3. I got my A4 laminator from Wilko and it was £9. The brand is Texet and I buy my pouches from there too £1.50 for 25. Not as cheap as £2 for 100 I know but I haven't had any complaints with it and I have really given it some hammer over the past few weeks.

4. Maplin all the way! I got an A4 laminator a couple of weeks ago for £10. Can't fault it either, have almost finished my pack of 100 pouches already and I couldn't be happier (except for having to buy more pouches).

5. My school has a laminator, but I have to find it to use it! It is worth £15-20 to stop wasting 15 minutes of my PPA time looking for it then waiting for someone to finish using it. I have mine at the back of the class. It has a box with carry handle so I take it home sometimes and make my partner do some! Definitely worth the money!!!!

6. I bought a cheap A4 laminator (14.99 euro) in Argos many years ago. I also recently bought an A3 laminator (39 euro) and it has a cutter-thingy with it. The old, heavy, cumbersome A4 one is better by a long shot.

One does not simply discuss teaching without a laminator thread. ;)