1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A2 English Language

Discussion in 'English' started by harpurhey, May 7, 2011.

1. Hi Everyone,
    Just need some advise. I have my last observation next Friday and I am doing it based on Language Change. I will be getting the learners to analyse an exam paper which is the AQA exam question of June 2007 looking at article's about St.John Worts but both in different time periods. Yesterday, learner's where given a mock exam and they struggled with answering it. How can I structure my lesson so that it gives them more confidence in the Language Change examination. I have to get them writing and use the exam paper. Should I get them to analyse the texts in groups first with a table to compare and contrast the two articles and then feedback and assessment? The number of learners if all turn up is just seven so small group. I want to be able to have enough time to get them writing in essay style but also to make them more confortable and show them how to go about challenging the exam question itself. I have one hour teaching time. Any idea's would be most welcomed and appreciated.
    Many Thanks