1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

a19pb posts are mainly concerned with 'workplace bullying in schools' - many people who post on the 'workplace dilemmas' forum will benefit from doing

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by a19pb, Jan 8, 2012.

1. OTT I know - but seriously bullying of staff is a major problem in some schools. Good people often do not have a clue about how bullying actually works until a lot of damage is done. Reading about what actually happens and how to recognise bullying behaviours for what they are can provide people with the starting point for protecting themselves and making positive differences.

2. OTT I know - but seriously bullying of staff is a major problem in some schools. Good people often do not have a clue about how bullying actually works until a lot of damage is done. Reading about what actually happens and how to recognise bullying behaviours for what they are can provide people with the starting point for protecting themselves and making positive differences.

3. jellycowfish

jellycowfish New commenter

I naively thought that I was the only one being treated badly. Too late to help at the time, I discovered the wealth of information and support on here. Apart from being horrified at the sheer volume of people who had been, or were currently, in the situation I had found myself in, it was extremely reassuring to know it wasn't necessarily my fault.
    But thanks to GL, and other posters on here, plus the link provided to the bullying research being undertaken (thank you to that person!), I am able to deal with what's happened, potentially take some action, and let others know what is going on.

4. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Ah, Happy New Year, a19pb! You were the person who helped me to put 'flesh' on the behaviour of my bullies. I understood what they had done, but thought I would be dismissed as paranoid if I tried to explain it to anyone. Being shown that it was part of a well-documented pattern enabled me to understand how they would continue to behave. It gave me the key to defeating them because they carried on behaving true-to-type. I gave them enough rope and they hanged themselves!
    A big, New Year mwaaaahhh to you! [​IMG]

5. Agreed. Every critic of a19pb has clearly not been treated badly in their workplace (be it school, college or wherever)!

I wish I could nominate a19pb and Gardening Leaves for Knighthoods or OBEs for invaluable services to the TES teaching Community!

6. Gardening Leaves

7. Rockchick2112

Rockchick2112 New commenter

http://www.facebook.com/workbullyuk is keen for people to pledge their support if they are against bullying in the workplace. They could do with some more 'likes', as they only have 33 at the moment!

8. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

A19pb knows his/her onions when it comes to workplace bullies. I discovered a19pb too late, but have decoded my particular bullying head's behaviour with the knowledge imparted by hindsight.
    I am currently trying to win the lottery so I can afford to take the little squirt to court.....

10. Some of us are prepared to stand up in public and name and shame bullying heads - feel free to help us build a compelling corpus of cases of incontrovertible abuses of power in the workplace. Please pm with any offers to add to the cases - especially if your experiences can be corroborated.Anonymity is respected of course, but I am particularly keen to hear from anyone who has retired or left teaching and therefore not beholden to anyone in teaching!

11. For info :)

13. Can I please have some help?

14. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

What has happened?

15. casper

casper New commenter

Me too please.

16. For info

17. Gardening Leaves

18. Gardening Leaves

Upped for a specific poster, as promised.

19. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34828

This may have some strength but needs more signatures