1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A worrying observation, surely we need to contact our unions?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by opalfeet, Dec 4, 2015.

1. opalfeet

opalfeet Occasional commenter

We pay our membership, very few of us get value for money. To be honest, they tell me no more than the NUT/NASUWt/ ATL websites.
    The sticky post- Possible other careers Views: 9,173

The non sticky post: Ever been bullied or made to feel so ill you ended up off with stress or resigned? Please read

Views:

Okay, I know I'm reading too much into stats here, but that means...20,000 teachers hate their job and are not looking for alternative careers. 20,000 stressed out teachers?! It's time we contacted our unions,let's strike about workload and not pay.

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

You are reading way too much into it.
    I have viewed those threads multiple times - thus adding to the counts - but am not being bullied, looking for another career or stressed. I am not even a teacher.

3. Birdie64

Birdie64 Occasional commenter

I HAVE been worried out if my job and it has caused me lots of fear, anxiety and worry. I have been to my Union, I am now out of that post and have a new post to go to...this has happened to at least three other teacher friends in different schools around the country and it is national scandal, but striking abou it won't work. We need to have someone to report to outside of school as invariably the bullies are the head teachers ... There is no one to tell, there is no one to complain to...so we keep trying to placate the bullies and make ourselves ill.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Something needs to be done. Since Unions don't seem to be helping much, here is how to write in an attempt do something about it yourself, both within your school and nationally

Overwhelming workload - what can you do about it?

Best wishes

5. Compassman

Compassman Star commenter

The unions go for the default option of a settlement agreement. They rarely will fight the injustices.

That said I think they are overwhelmed with cases at the moment and haven't got enough staff to cover.