1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A worried teacher (very worried)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Apr 15, 2012.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

This isn't evidence you are a bad teacher and no sensible HT would look at spelling scores in isolation and think so. But you may well have to give some ideas as to what you are going to do about it.

If asked about it (if no one asks then don't make a song and dance about it!) then you could say that you have been concentrating on the LA children and have possibly done this too much. Then set out how you will address the balance and ensure you HA make progress in this last term.

If it was me I'd not get the children to resit the test, what would be the point? I would just shrug and move on, SWST isn't a definitive guide to attainment. I definitely wouldn't be initiating discussions, though if they asked me I'd have a plan ready to tell them.

I'd be thinking what to do about it and ensure all children make good progress before July when I'd do their final SWST.

2. kym131218

kym131218 New commenter

Thanks for your advice!
    I have concentrated lots on LA BUT THAT HAS PAID OFF!! I'm thrilled about their results.