1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A workshop in September or October

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by durgamata, Aug 14, 2012.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

I'm thinking of offering a one day workshop based on the four slide-shows that explore two questions - what is religion and the God question next term.

This would be on a Saturday and hopefully at Friends House (opposite Euston Station) or the St Ethelburga's Centre (which is not far from Liverpool Street station.)

I am inspired by Sue's workshops (see Theatre for Learning on Facebook) if I can arrange a room and enough people are interested.
    The first of the four slide-shows is available as a free download, I have mentioned it before, but the subsequent ones would be available at the workshop for those who came.
    In addition to any input from me and things you learn that way, this would also be a great networking opportunity for RE teachers.
    The group-work in the activities includes paired, groups of three and six so I would need at least 6 people and preferably 12 or more.
    Please let me know if you are interested - either here, through a pm or by email to dcbluelotus@gmail.com

Happy holidays

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

sorry, forgot to put in the paragraphing. fingers working faster than the brain.

I'm thinking of offering a one day workshop based on the four slide-shows that explore two questions - what is religion and the God question next term.

This would be on a Saturday and hopefully at Friends House (opposite Euston Station) or the St Ethelburga's Centre (which is not far from Liverpool Street station.)

I am inspired by Sue's workshops (see Theatre for Learning on Facebook) http://www.facebook.com/groups/115058191898/ if I can arrange a room and enough people are interested.

The first of the four slide-shows is available as a free download, I have mentioned it before, but the subsequent ones would be available at the workshop for those who came.

In addition to any input from me and things you learn that way, this would also be a great networking opportunity for RE teachers.

The group-work in the activities includes paired, groups of three and six so I would need at least 6 people and preferably 12 or more for it to work well. There would also be an opportunity to learn a bit about meditation if delegates wish. It's a good way to de-stress, improve your concentration and stay cheerful in difficult situations - even if you are not particularly inspired to explore the spiritual benefits.

Please let me know if you are interested - either here, through a pm or by email to dcbluelotus@gmail.com

Happy holidays