1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A web hosting site

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by bredaghgac, Jun 6, 2019.

1. bredaghgac

bredaghgac New commenter

Good afternoon folks,

I have been trying to do some research into a website I can use in my department for holding resources. We are currently using something called Fronter. It allows us to upload documents and pupils sign in with a username and password.

I would like to create a website which would hold all the departments resources so pupils can access this and download their resources easily.

I have tried google classroom and one note and these are good however they do have limitations. I am a user of showbie which is a great app to allow you to share resources and collect work in from students but i just feel that we need something a little more.

Hope this all makes sense and i would appreciate any help or advice you may have!

Thank you!

Paul

2. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

What is it you want to be able to do? What is the more you need to be able to do?

Google gives you shared drives (formally team drives), which would be suitable for allowing people to upload and download resources easily. Working alongside Google classrooms and you can set and collect work from students. Or use google sites to create a website for them to access it all through.

mathsmutt likes this.
  3. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Microsoft Teams should also do the trick. The associated Class OneNote will allow collaboration as well as individual pupil, teacher and content sections. Files can be uploaded; work can be set and submitted via Assignments; Forms can be used to make quizzes. Plus so much more. Sharepoint in O365 will give a website and OneDrive gives plenty of accessible storage.

For more information, see
    https://education.microsoft.com/courses-and-resources/resources/meet-microsoft-teams

Stiltskin likes this.