1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A visit to a Chinese Restaurant

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon3372, Feb 3, 2011.

1. My kids were very well behaved, as expected (I can rely on them, thank God, normally, but read on...) They even ate with chop sticks.
    Until little lady in the kitchen started making strange noises. We were not sure if she was flattening ducks or chopping veg, but it went on for 90 minutes and involved lots of banging.
    Daughter (8) finally asked permission to leave the table. We thought she wanted to go to the loo.
    No - she marched to the kitchen door and shouted "whether duck or carrot - it is already dead!"
    God help me. Neither my ex nor I were quite sure whether to laugh or cry.
    She even got an extra fortune cookie from the waiter for her troubles as he found her outburst cute.
    Ye Gads.

2. My kids were very well behaved, as expected (I can rely on them, thank God, normally, but read on...) They even ate with chop sticks.
    Until little lady in the kitchen started making strange noises. We were not sure if she was flattening ducks or chopping veg, but it went on for 90 minutes and involved lots of banging.
    Daughter (8) finally asked permission to leave the table. We thought she wanted to go to the loo.
    No - she marched to the kitchen door and shouted "whether duck or carrot - it is already dead!"
    God help me. Neither my ex nor I were quite sure whether to laugh or cry.
    She even got an extra fortune cookie from the waiter for her troubles as he found her outburst cute.
    Ye Gads.

3. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

That's hysterical, CQ![​IMG]

4. Did your daughter manage to work out what the lady was doing in the kitchen?! V funny story.....children are just so entertaining aren't they :)

5. We think she was chopping carrots.
    Lots of them.

6. And honestly - she is not my daughter. She is a changeling!