1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A village in India resource needed!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by uppereastside, Dec 2, 2010.

1. uppereastside

uppereastside New commenter

Hi! I am looking at planning this unit (A village in India) for next term and wondering if anyone had any resources for it?
    In particular the Chembakolli Resource Pack produced by Action Aid & Village Life In India, Steve Brace, Cambridge Primary Geography, Photo Pack and Pupil Book. or where I could find this. Also any videos (e.g. Take me to Chembakolli)
    If anyone has any of these to help me that would be great!
    Thanks

2. Hi, You've probs already located what you need for this topic but I too was beginning this topic this term with my mixed 3/4 class. I found an excellent resource on this very site in the resources section-10 lessons! There are worksheets too and I've bought the Action Aid pack through a catalogue at school-sorry can't recall the name but it's a very general catalogue. The lessons are a good starter and I've used some, not all but it gave me a really good insight to Chembakolli and also it saved me thinking about how to come up with a couple of w/sheets! I just put in Chembakolli into the search engine box on the resources page! Hope it all goes well, i'm into my 4 lesson tomorrow and the kids are loving it! Good luck.