1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by modelmaker, Jan 30, 2011.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Something Si said on the recipe quantities thread... "about a year or two ago" or similar. No, I thought, it couldn't have been two years, the forum hasn't been around that long but lo and behold, when I checked back to the first postings it has been. Probably around 2 years to the date.
    It was interesting to review the early threads. Most only carried a handful of posts and a delightful one from nutella praising everyone for filling the first full front page on the forum. A far cry from a thread reaching 1,000 posts that will match any on Opinion or Personal in popularity.
    Will the early threads slowly disappear forever into the ether or does anyone else look back in time?

2. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Something Si said on the recipe quantities thread... "about a year or two ago" or similar. No, I thought, it couldn't have been two years, the forum hasn't been around that long but lo and behold, when I checked back to the first postings it has been. Probably around 2 years to the date.
    It was interesting to review the early threads. Most only carried a handful of posts and a delightful one from nutella praising everyone for filling the first full front page on the forum. A far cry from a thread reaching 1,000 posts that will match any on Opinion or Personal in popularity.
    Will the early threads slowly disappear forever into the ether or does anyone else look back in time?

3. I have a few favourite Cookery threads hot-listed so I can check them quickly.
    And yes, I sometimes trawl back through earlier threads out of interest.

4. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I often find the old threads very useful for looking for ideas for certain recipes (I just search for a mention of the appropiate ingredient etc).

5. I still have a lot of the earlier threads on my hotlist and I find others with the search facility when I know we have spoken of something or there has been a certain recipe someone posted.

6. And tut tut to you - I started a thread very recently about the forum having its second birthday [​IMG]