1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A treat for my top group Y4's

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sfm_81, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Good afternoon,

I have a bit of a free day tomorrow as a lot of my class are out and I am left with most of my top group Y4s in maths - those aiming for 4b and 4a at end of year. I really want to treat those who are capable with a some focused maths work that is really challenging for them, anything really, I just want to see them get really stuck in. Does anyone have any good ideas for short activities? Not necessarily a lesson as I will just sit with a group and we will talk and I will lead the activity.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.!

2. Good afternoon,

I have a bit of a free day tomorrow as a lot of my class are out and I am left with most of my top group Y4s in maths - those aiming for 4b and 4a at end of year. I really want to treat those who are capable with a some focused maths work that is really challenging for them, anything really, I just want to see them get really stuck in. Does anyone have any good ideas for short activities? Not necessarily a lesson as I will just sit with a group and we will talk and I will lead the activity.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.!

3. Possibly base an activity round the pitch and expectations document for level 4. I have year 4 and my top ability love problem solving and are always determined to solve any problems!!

Don't know if this helps?