1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A TOWIE party - advice needed.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JRTowner, Aug 5, 2011.

1. I have a party to go to at the end of the month; the theme is "The Only Way is Essex" and I need some advice for what to wear. I forced myself to watch an episode last night and all I can figure out is fake nails, tan, hair and everything really!
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    [​IMG] JRT

2. I have a party to go to at the end of the month; the theme is "The Only Way is Essex" and I need some advice for what to wear. I forced myself to watch an episode last night and all I can figure out is fake nails, tan, hair and everything really!
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    [​IMG] JRT

3. Don't go!

4. Oh I must! It will be a very good party - last year's theme was Spain and it was pretty posh. It's all being done tongue in cheek but I need to get into the swing of it! [​IMG]

5. Yes you'll need lots of fakery. Tan, nails, hair extensions etc. You'll also need to wear some pretty high shoes, something VERY tight, short and preferably as low cut as possible. Might I advise that you also practice some of the language? 'Reem' seems to be a popular word and there is a certain way of saying 'Oh my god' which is used a fair amount. You also need to discuss your holiday in 'Marbs' a lot. I'd also like to add in that it is my daughter that is a fan and not me which I why I have this information.

6. Animal prints. Leopard's probably most appropriate.

7. Get vajazzled and wear mirrored shoes???

(Oh but I am so, so, very sorry I posted that)

8. Loving it! Please keep the ideas rolling in. I am looking at animal print as we speak! [​IMG]

Pobs - I could NEVER get vajazzled! Euuugh!

9. I still think it's a TV joke - no-one really does it! Do they?

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I would imagine that a fake tatt and cry-baby eyes mascara is a must. Perhaps an ankle bracelet or charm bracelet. I think I might like this kind of theme; chance to go completely OTT.
    What does it mean?

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

You could always wear sequined pants of hot-pants.
    [​IMG]

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Is this the look you are after?
    [​IMG]

13. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Fake tan/hair extensions/fake nails and one of those long summer dresses with plunging decollete?
    That would be my guess as I don't watch the programme.

14. Something that is 'Reem' is brilliant/cool/wicked etc...They say it A LOT!!!!!

15. I forgot to mention, there are many of the ladies that have had boob surgery so if you wanted a more authentic TOWIE look............

16. Ahh JennyMus I have big boo.bs anyway so think I don't need to worry about that. Anymore phrases I can throw in too?

I am liking the shorts but don't think I'd get them over my ****! I might go for a vajazzle on my shoulder - think you can wear them anywhere not just "there!" I am currently fancying the fake toenails with diamante design as well as all the other fakery. Definitley need leopard print.

Any advice for my OH? This is a cultural experience which is leaving us a bit floundering - does he get a fake tattoo or not?

17. Other phrases are 'jel' or 'well jel' (jel=Jealous), in particular of anything material - such as a friends leopard print handbag or nails. 'Shut Uuuuuuup' is another where you would need to feign shock at something that had happened. You might also discuss your recent 'glamping' trip - this is where you go camping in a glamorous fashion. There are also a couple of characters who refer to everyone as 'babes' and completely overuse the word 'like', normally to the extent of it being every other word of the sentence.

18. No, the men are more the type to go and have a manicure over a tattoo. I would suggest he bathes in aftershave and blow dries his hair. Some of them are fairly foul to their other halves and tend to letch over other women!!

19. I am really getting into this. OH is starting to get worried but I think if we're going to do it we have to "do it proper like!"
    I have found a maxi dress in leopard print but will continue to surf the net for the accessories. Liking the idea of an ankle bracelet and I have just remembered false eye lashes too! I have a (worrying) feeling I am going to enjoy this too much!

20. Think orange, blond, tight, cheap looking with heels and ****.