1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A term between contracts

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by shalteir, Feb 21, 2011.

1. That would be very wishful thinking. If you have proper contracts, they'll make a second one.
    Your second contract is not a fair one, unless you are paid to scale on "day rate". You are expected to do the whole year's work, everything, the contract should be a year's contract to August 31. I would suggest you set about getting the dates confirmed, and see if you can get it extended. You might if they like you and you negotiate it well.

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Not by the Academy. If you're on a one year temporary contract it will start in September. If you're being paid as an agency supply you'll be paid for the days you work and no more, although your pay may include a holiday pay element.
    You'll have to find something else to fill in the income gap between Easter and September.

3. When I say until July 2011, I might be inaccurate. I've no reason to believe that they won't pay me over Summer 2011 (especially if I become permanent!)
    They do apparently like me, but I'm not sure they will if I over-negotiate!!
    Thanks.

4. I think you mean July 2012.

5. Unless you have a permanent contract, expect the worst. I'd say "you'd be *&^%$^% lucky!"

6. Surely you are being asked to be paid for a whole term for doing nothing?!

I cannot see how anyone would even contemplate that. It's hard enough to be paid anything reasonable for working damned hard.

7. All too true.