1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A teacher with no degree in teaching but teaching a related class of his field.

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by GuyMiwa, Jan 28, 2011.

1. I am a teacher since 2006, and I teach Computer science to children from 6 to 15. I do not a have a paper based or degree, or a bachelor in teaching but, i love teaching. I teach in a international school and perform well in my job. In other school, is there a possibility to be hired in another international school even though i do not have a bachelor or degree in teaching?
    Is there a way to be accepted, not because we are a teacher, but because we know how to teach and deal with the students?

My English is not very good, but i've never learnt English somewhere except from my environment and in class while at the university, I'm a French fluent speaker.

Is that an obstacle??

2. I am a teacher since 2006, and I teach Computer science to children from 6 to 15. I do not a have a paper based or degree, or a bachelor in teaching but, i love teaching. I teach in a international school and perform well in my job. In other school, is there a possibility to be hired in another international school even though i do not have a bachelor or degree in teaching?
    Is there a way to be accepted, not because we are a teacher, but because we know how to teach and deal with the students?

My English is not very good, but i've never learnt English somewhere except from my environment and in class while at the university, I'm a French fluent speaker.

Is that an obstacle??

3. ccroyle

ccroyle New commenter

TES - What is the point in allowing the original poster to rate their own post even before there hasn't been any replies?

4. Does anyone else recognise the style from the recent Accountancy/Teaching threads - including the rating?
    I rather think it might be MyMouse's latest wheeze - but it seems a bit creative for him?

5. In a similar spirit to other posts, I'd say go for it!
    Just get your NPQH and turn around a failing school overnight. Should be easy enough.

http://www.nationalcollege.org.uk/index/professional-development/npqh.htm

6. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

But at least now the use of avatar picture is more realistic, unlike the marriage photo of a car salesman he used for the last one.

JUST IN CASE THIS IS REAL (don't want humpty3 thinking I'm a nasty man or suddenly been called a PT Cab driver - see the accountants thread about ICT and training for a business, and no I still have no idea what he means), it would depend entirely upon the entry requirements of the school you applied for. For a state controlled school it's unlike you'd get in until you'd completed a GTT of Fast Track treaching course. For private schools I think (?) it's up to them.

7. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter