1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A song to play in the leaver's assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by blackpurse, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Suggestions please

2. Suggestions please

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Depends what sort of assembly you have! We sing everything from "One More Step along the World I Go" to "Firework" via "Peace is Flowing" to "Reach for the Stars" and as many more as we can fit in!

4. We have already sang You raise me up by Westlife in the Leaver's production and will sing One more step along the world I go in the Church service. We are going to sing The Leaver's song from songs for every season but I wanted something for the children to walk in to and to leave to, something with some touching lyrics.
    Any ideas?

5. Greatest day by Take That.

6. We are also singing one more step, leavers song from songs for every season and Shalom my friend (till we meet again)

7. At my child's leavers assembly they played Cat Stevens' "Remember the days of the old schoolyard" while showing photos of them when they first entered school. It was really lovely.

8. Somewhere from West Side Story always makes me cry when we use it for leavers.
    There's a place for us,
    A time and a place for us
    Hold my hand and I'll take you there ...
    etc etc

9. Not really the Leavers' Assembly but the last assembly of the year - in the pm (unusually for us) and everybody gets up to dance - Year6 dancing out first followed by everyone else....
    "Holiday" Madonna
    V popular with staff too!!

Em

10. If you want a "pop song"
    Lean on Me or
    Something Inside so Strong or
    Never Forget
    work well.

11. Proud by Heather Small

12. were using Never Forget by Take That