1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"A Snotty Islington Weirdo..."

Discussion in 'Personal' started by artboyusa, Dec 14, 2019.

1. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Tsk, why must there always be someone like you popping up from nowhere and ruining things with facts?!

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I was referring to the person being quoted in the Telegraph. Really, do keep up.

Jamvic and HelenREMfan like this.
  3. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

Of the 55 million with the right to vote, only 13.9 million voted for Boris. Of the people who voted, 17.9 million didn't vote for him. So most people in this country don't support him.

4. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

You're not. Anything other than extreme neoliberalism falls under the term communism for Mr Angry.

Nellyfuf2 and monicabilongame like this.
  5. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

That's because they weren't voting for Boris - but the Conservative party.

6. Scintillant

Doubly easy to get rid of very quickly then...

7. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

So what's taking so long?

Kandahar likes this.
  8. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

In terms of character assassination I am sure someone could write a worse diatribe about Boris. In fact you could make one from quotes in the Guardian, not just from journalists either.

Jamvic likes this.
  9. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Really? Kindly cite specific examples.

10. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Nonsense. The only people who voted for Boris were the electors of Uxbridge. The rest who registered a valid vote voted for an MP who was not called Boris Johnson.

alex_teccy likes this.
  11. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Is it now? I don't hate Corbyn, or anyone, personally. But I hate what and fear what he represents. If you think me wrong, rebut me.

12. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Oh dear, did you just actually compare JC to Jesus? Wow.

Psst... You do know there a growing number of non Christians, atheists, agnostics and any number of other non believers don't you, so to continue the analogy might be appropriate.

Kandahar likes this.
  13. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

If your describing the real Jesus your right,He did all those things and his followers went on to change the world forever, Jesus was called anti the Rabbis, Pharisees and even God as well. He also preached love, forgiveness and compassion.They crucified him but he managed to get over that by coming back

14. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

The winner takes it all...or changes the system,

15. Scintillant

You will find that once a "suitable" leader is elected, the claims will magically disappear.

[​IMG]

Like Keyser Soze

Jamvic likes this.
  16. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Lead commenter

Yup. I notice we're living in a post Christian age. But some stuff just keeps on going. Like Nationalism. Stuff like that.
    The Racist blame throwing was pretty mad though, wasn't it? Was it Racist or was it Theist? I'm not sure now.
    I was kind of thinking about Lord of the Flies.

17. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Odd that he spent so much time campaigning in the North rather than in Uxbridge then, wasn't it? Was he not aware who would ve electing him?

Anyway, the election is over and Corbyn didn't win, so this is a rather pointless thread.

Jamvic and border_walker like this.
  18. florian gassmann

He increased his majority in Uxbridge, despite supporting members of his party elsewhere.

Then why post to it and thus extend it?

19. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Because I am oposed to misleading b.ollox being spread.

Jamvic likes this.
  20. florian gassmann

And that is exactly why I pointed out that it is b.ollox to claim that 13.9 million people voted for Boris. 25,351 voted for Boris. The rest voted for other MPs and for the party manifestos of those other MPs.

oldsomeman and Kandahar like this.