1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"A Snotty Islington Weirdo..."

Discussion in 'Personal' started by artboyusa, Dec 14, 2019.

1. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

"...who hates Britain like the vegans hate Sunday roast".
    That's how an (ex) Labour voter in Wales described Jeremy Corbyn to her, says Sherelle Jacobs in today's Telegraph.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/14/no-way-back-now-pulverised-pig-headed-labour-party/
    I wasn't going to mention it, but since the man himself is denying any responsibility for what just happened to his party and stays locked in his personal Kremlin, refusing to budge, and since the Labour self-excusing machine is in full swing -https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/12/its-not-jeremys-fault-what-corbynistas-are-blaming-for-labours-disastrous-defeat/
    (You should have read the guy in the Guardian yesterday. "How can anyone get to like you if they never hear anything good about you?" he whined. Tell that to Donald Trump, crybaby).
    Anyway, before anyone starts to actually feel sorry for the dim, old bigot I wanted to say something personal to the people of this wonderful country.
    They looked at this small and petty minded man who has never had an original idea in his life, and the dark and sinister gangs he has chosen to associate with throughout his career.
    They looked at his crappy19th century economics, his crappy 20th century politics and the stupid who-whom? liberation narrative that seems to be what drives him.
    They looked at the contempt and hatred for his own country and its people that he seems barely able to contain.
    They looked at his disgusting anti-Semitism and his thuggish comrades and despite his phony promises and bribes, they said "No".
    And they said it as loudly and as clearly as they could. They said No. They said it in historic numbers.
    They said We're better than that. They said This is still a country of decent, forbearing, tolerant and generous people. They said we won't let you divide us and make us hate and turn us against each other.
    I feel fortunate and proud to have found a second home among such good people . Thank you, Britain. Thank you for being what I never doubted you were.

lexus300, renegade29, saluki and 10 others like this.
  2. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

Indeed we spoke loud and clear however to ensure he didn't get elected we had to vote for a Baffoon!

3. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

A successful, educated buffoon who actually gets things done.

4. NoseyMatronType

NoseyMatronType Star commenter

Corbyn was just too much of an ideologue for me.

They are as much of a danger as lying narcissists like Johnson and Trump.

nomad, Mangleworzle and lanokia like this.
  5. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Senior commenter

Only 32% of the electorate fell for lies of the man who eats kittens for breakfast whilst watching Kremlin broadcasts.

Burndenpark likes this.
  6. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

I'm no big fan of Boris or especially of the Tories but I'm not blind to his qualities. He is smart, he is lucky (very), people like him (not around here though) and he has big ambitions for the country. I think the Baffoon will do very well.

7. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Senior commenter

And that Jesus. He was a terrorist too, A political rabble rouser spouting ideological rubbish at the poor.
    Giving them ideas about equality and freedom and justice!. Hope in a better way of living. He was anit semite too. Well, so they tell me. Cos he turned against his own people didn't he?
    I'm off to get my hammer and nails......

ajrowing, Burndenpark, Jamvic and 9 others like this.
  8. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

I'd stick to a sickle if I were you.

Jonntyboy and Nellyfuf2 like this.
  9. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

The NHS has been saved from communism by the enlightened voters of rundown northern towns

Well done them.

And anti-semitism in Labour will magically vanish and be replaced by standard, widespread racism. But it will soon become funny again and okay to joke about. So that's okay.

Boris will even stop the planet warming.

10. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

I'm trying to work out what the opening post is asking to discuss, and am drawn to how this person is said to have acted with contempt and hatred, and yet as an opening post it is quite a lengthy diatribe of undiluted contempt and hatred in itself.

Baffled by this as a discursive or even literary device. It leaves me wanting some maths, and that never happens.

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

IMG_20191215_092920.jpg

You can see here who voted for which party

Best wishes

12. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I do not know which planet the OP is on. We are being driven by the most divisive party present in this country.

13. NoseyMatronType

If Johnson is someone who gets things done, when do people think he will enact policies that start to reverse ever-widening economic inequality and the steady transfer of wealth from poor to rich that has been going on here for the last four decades?

14. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Should have stuck to your original idea.

15. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

But I thought there is no anti-Semitism in the Labour party? That's what we were told.

16. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Awwww....poor you. I know that right now there are a lot of mournful Marxists and sad anti-Semites and tearful Trots and lots and lots of people who really looking forward to finally giving other people a right good kicking and maybe I should have been more considerate of their bruised feelings but naaah, I don't like those kinds of people, so screw 'em.

saluki, Jonntyboy and Kandahar like this.
  17. NoseyMatronType

Actually, I thought that Corbyn favoured Keynesian economics, though I could be wrong.

As I have repeatedly stated, between the 1950's and 1970's, the adoption of Keynesian policies produced higher economic growth than at any time since, including the period of stagflation at the end of the 70's.

But maybe a different solution to the inequalities and social problems produced by free-market fundamentalism is required for the present time. Karl Polanyi and his ideas about 'economic democracy' might be worth looking into but I haven't been able to do that myself yet.

slingshotsally likes this.
  18. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I read this post when it only had the opening hate-fille diatribe and hoped it would drop off the page, as it was near the bottom. It is savage, not truthful, nasty and offensive.

19. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Don't sweat it. It's just another example of sour grapes by someone who 'won' and now isn't sure how they're going to deal with the results.

Jamvic, Nellyfuf2, dleaf12 and 4 others like this.
  20. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

It did wonders for pollution / anthropogenic climate change too - and that is where the dilema lies - that not one party had on offer an subastantially better alternatie economic system.
    Snowflake.
    As I understand, Mr Artboy is not in a position to vote.