1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A simple yes or no...

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by tattyb, Nov 27, 2011.

1. yes, and that's the kind of GCSE i only 2 years ago

2. Yes, absolutely

3. Tequila

Tequila New commenter

Yes. One exam at the end of Y11 in each skill area. 4 exams in total. why complicate it?

4. Yes.
    Though having all 4 papers close together, and not several weeks apart, would also be helpful.

5. oui ja si yes

becasue

1, temptation to cheat to great (pressure from above)
    2. it's labour intensive for little benefit
    3. takes time away from teaching and learning
    4. retores a level playing field
    5. would creat more accurate results

6. Yes (PLEASE!!) , BUT <u>ONLY</u> IF...
    the questions/tasks for the writing and speaking tasks were either set in English or using phrases drawn from a published statement bank. Years ago (about 20?) I saw several candidates' results plummet because they had not understood the rubric - nothing wrong with their writing ability (bit like the ones who went through the wrong hoops this year, really!)

7. frenchy18

frenchy18 New commenter

8. runaway

runaway New commenter

9. runaway

runaway New commenter

Saw someone mention about printing this thread out to post to local MP - fairly toothless I'm afraid - copy in Gove however and Ofqual and if we all do the same would be more powerful..

10. funambule

funambule New commenter

There is a DfE forum over on `Whole school'. In particular there is an existing thread on Controlled assessments: https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/526909.aspx
    I made one comment about MFL some time ago; suggest you follow up over there but watch out as threads get hijacked. Worth a shot though!

11. mlapworth

mlapworth Occasional commenter

12. Yes please!

13. desibelle

desibelle New commenter

Yes, of course. Bring it back!

14. Yes please.