1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A shoe related rant for those not blessed with narrow feet!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catherinaaa, Feb 15, 2011.

1. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

I've been looking for some nice beigey/nude coloured high heeled courts for some time. I do however have massively wide feet! I had quite a problem at the airport in the UK the other day at Krt Geiger when I tried on a size 7 (am usually 7-8 which also does not help matters) and I could not even squeeze it on my foot. I then moved onto another style and I had a similar problem, the shop assistant even said that she didn't think it would be worth her traipsing into the stockroom for an 8 as realisitically I wouldn't be able to mash it onto my foot!
    In fact if you measure my foot length wise, it is about 6 and a half! I can usually buy ballet flats fine and trainers as well- what do I do for nice, smart shoes for a special occasion?! I'm only in my late twenties and feel like I have been sidelined by the trend for killer heels. I've tried all the usual websites- ShoeTailor, Viva la Diva but nothing appeals or is quite right. Any other wide footed women out there and what do you do?!
    I have fallen in love with a pair from Ted Baker but don't want to risk having them mailed over to me (liver overseas) and having to pay a whopping postage cost should they not fit. Help!

2. Have you tried the German make Caprice?
    I love them (I have very narrow feet but because of my dropped arch, I need a wider shoe).
    Caprice are brill - and they have "walking on air" insoles and anti-shock heels (and no, they are not granny shoes!).
    Most German shoe retailers stock Caprice - or try zalando, as postage is free.

3. www.zalando.de
    They stock all sorts of makes. Have you not seen the daft adverts (taking the mickey out of that hippy guy who went to the jungle camp?)

4. I have very wide feet! As a schoolgirl my feet were measured by Clarks who said I was 'off their scale' for shoe width...I could squeeze one foot into the 'G' fitting, the other was too broad. I wore boys shoes for a while, as they tended to be a little wider (So a little plump, buck toothed and wearing glasses....and wearing boys' shoes.....remind me, why was I bullied again?!!!)
    These days I have given up on fashion and buy my shoes from Hotters - actually some of their styles are reasonably fashionable!
    (I wear a size 39....so about a size 6...my feet are different shoe-size in length too!...and the extra wide EE fitting from Hotter)

5. Meant to add - postage AND return postage is free!

6. catherinaaa

I did look at Zalando the other day but wasn't so tempted, was going to pop into town to hit Goertz 17, Thomas, Salander, Roland etc tomorrow, feel like am searching for holy grail! They have the syle everywhere in the UK but none it appears at my width size.
    This is ideally what I would like:
    http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/175975-kg-bethany
    But they wouldn't fit me in a million years!

PS glad you like the trouser ideas CQ!

7. Have you tried Peter Kaiser?

8. catherinaaa

Ooh lots of speedy replies there!
    Bethannie, I was also off the scale on the Clarks machine as a young girl and has to squeeze in to a G width. I remember being devestated as the famous "Magic Key" shoes did not come in my width but did for my sister!!!
    Also beth, did you notice the name of the shoes that Ilike but are too narrow?
    Am looking at the Duo website now, thanks for link, hadn't heard of that one!!!

9. Just did a google for "modische schuhe breite füsse" and it keeps spitting out Caprice - so I wasn't quite wrong (I have lots from them and honest, I don't wander around looking like a granny).

10. catherinaaa

I like some of the Peter Kaiser ones, shall have a look if can find them in town. Still not quite the colour though, but some of the black ones are lovely.

11. Peter Kaiser are great - I have quite a lot as a mate used to be the Sales Manager there [​IMG]
    Check out Caprice as well though.
    If you find something on zalando you like, take the item number with you - most shops will order for you free of charge if they don't stock it.
    (I worked in the shoe biz for years - I could waffle on all night about them).

12. Can you fit into Gabor shoes?

13. catherinaaa

I think the flat ones made of squishy leather, yes, the ones I crave for, probably not, leider. Is really quite disheartening! Thanks for your tips.

14. catherinaaa

chocolatebox09, I have found these that I quite like from Duo:
    http://www.duoboots.com/products/shoes/detail/width_fitting_shoes_boutique/titania/438/colour/14-nude_suede/shoesize/41/shoewidth/X/
    http://www.duoboots.com/products/shoes/detail/width_fitting_shoes_boutique/othello/437/colour/22-taupe_suede_with_brown_leather_trim/shoesize/41/shoewidth/X/
    Have you ordered from them before and were you pleased?
    What do others think? Shall keep looking through the Caprice ones CQ!

15. catherinaaa

Haha CQ, I think many of them are meant for transvestites on the Swiss site!!!!
    Am off to pub now but shall have another browse when I get home.
    Keep gong with the advie and tips please everyone, need all the help I can get!

16. LOL, dammit - your German is just too darn good!
    It isn't just for transvestites though [​IMG]

17. catherinaaa

:p yes extra supported arch etc!!! Although the over the knee pvc ones do sound like fun (!), but perhaps not for a friend's wedding or the like!

18. I was going to suggest Gabor too

Also Evans do a fair range all wide fitting