1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A second thread about poetry

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I've been enjoying the contributions on lanokia's poetry thread, albeit one or two I felt were a bit maudlin. It occurred to me though that since there was a plethora of poems about death and the remembrance of an individual or animal, who we have to agree it's unlikely any of us will have met or communicated with, perhaps it will be possible for those tessers who are gifted in the art of poetry to write poems that would be fitting obituaries for the posters on here, past and present, or possibly even future.

Or we might even have someone with a sufficient grasp of the English language who can write a fitting poem as an obituary to this forum itself, before the plug gets pulled on it.

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

You not feeling optimistic for our future?

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  3. Duke of York

Let's just say it's a moment in time it would be worth exchanging email addresses with the posters you have bonded with, so if the plug does get pulled, like it did on Opinion and TES puts in measures such that debate about politics and the like can't me moved to the Cookery forum, which for all we know, might be the ideal place they should be discussed.

I've had many an interesting political debate with guests in my kitchen. The opportunities to ask a thick Tory if he can move a red-hot dish with his bare hands to make space for another, when I take it out of the oven, never cease to amuse me.

4. Prince_of_Peace

Prince_of_Peace New commenter

5. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

6. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Prince of peace, my bum!

7. nomad

nomad Star commenter

8. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

But I thought Gene was a Catholic, and this is the Anglican version.

Perhaps I'm getting mixed up? :rolleyes:

josienig and racroesus like this.
  9. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Tut Tut people!
    If the prince wants to offer up a prayer for the continuation of Personal we should be grateful.
    There are probably more appropriate prayers that could have been uttered in the circumstances but I'll leave such suggestions to those of faith
    I am a non-believer myself

10. Duke of York

I've never been convinced that Gene was ever a Catholic. I had him down as more of a closet follower of Antinousism...

11. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

I had to google Antinous! You learn sommat new everyday.

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

There's always people wanting to give you homework @cissy3 .

Lascarina likes this.