1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

a scam targeting job seekers - BEWARE

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by gulfgolf, May 26, 2011.

1. gulfgolf

gulfgolf Established commenter

Glad you escaped! It seems a very nasty trap indeed.

2. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

That is scary! Thanks for letting us all know GG. Might save someone some money and stress.

3. nemo.

nemo. Occasional commenter

It's tefl scam which works best I suppose as so much oversupply at the moment due to mass graduate unemployment with unemployed grads doing tefl courses and looking around. Experienced teflers wouldn't go for this as no employer asks for money up front - even the cowboys don't try that one! A hard lesson for those involved. Now I must remember to collect the 500,000 dollars I won in the msn lottery with no "phisical" letter ........

4. Has anyone contacted the TES Team to ask them to make this thread sticky for a while?

5. Advance fee fraud isn't new. But, for people who are considering teaching abroad for the first time, it probably doesn't register that something like this could happen to them. I did wonder about linking to this thread from the warning sticky at the top - but apparently, you can't...