1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A sad sad day...moving out of EYFS

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by mrst1985, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Hey all,
    I am going to be moving out of EYFS after Easter :-( into Year 2 to become KS1 leader. I am really looking forward to it, but pertrified about moving out of my comfort zone. I wanted to post in this forum as no-one in the other forums has responded to my request for a little advice. However, I know that people in here are ALWAYS helpful :)
    I'm hoping that there may be someone who has worked in year 2 and will be able to offer me some advice. Just reassurance about what to expect. I have been trying to do some research about KS1, but there just doesn't seem to be very much out there at all. Are there any books I can read or articles I could read - I just want to prepare myself and use this time to do some light reading.
    Thanks in advance

2. Hey all,
    I am going to be moving out of EYFS after Easter :-( into Year 2 to become KS1 leader. I am really looking forward to it, but pertrified about moving out of my comfort zone. I wanted to post in this forum as no-one in the other forums has responded to my request for a little advice. However, I know that people in here are ALWAYS helpful :)
    I'm hoping that there may be someone who has worked in year 2 and will be able to offer me some advice. Just reassurance about what to expect. I have been trying to do some research about KS1, but there just doesn't seem to be very much out there at all. Are there any books I can read or articles I could read - I just want to prepare myself and use this time to do some light reading.
    Thanks in advance

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I moved from reception to Y2 just over 2 years ago and despite everything I love it. Year 2 are lovely they still have the wonder but with a few more independent skills enjoy [​IMG]

4. Well it all depends on your school and how they let you work in Y2 but they are still like spngges and soak up everything with enthusiaaasm.
    The best book I would recommend is Julie Fisher Moving on the Key Stage One and then you can use of the wonderful expertise you have in EYFS and develop it in KS1.

5. Remember all the wonderful things you have done in EY. It doesn't suddenly become wrong in KS1. Follow your instincts and the progression will be seamless. Don't lose touch. Eve