1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A results thread.....

Discussion in 'Science' started by kritur, Aug 25, 2011.

1. So how is everyone feeling about results? Lets blow our own trumpets (lets face it no-one else will...!) or commiserate together.
    I am overall really very pleased. A-levels were good, all my kids got into uni to do the courses they wanted and some really good results. GCSEs were great, nearly got my highest A*-B pass rate from a less able cohort than previous years. Most kids worked hard and got what they deserved, some worked less hard and also got what they deserved!
    School results were up although the next few years will be difficult with the new KPIs, OCR nationals and BTECs potentially not counting etc.....

2. So how is everyone feeling about results? Lets blow our own trumpets (lets face it no-one else will...!) or commiserate together.
    I am overall really very pleased. A-levels were good, all my kids got into uni to do the courses they wanted and some really good results. GCSEs were great, nearly got my highest A*-B pass rate from a less able cohort than previous years. Most kids worked hard and got what they deserved, some worked less hard and also got what they deserved!
    School results were up although the next few years will be difficult with the new KPIs, OCR nationals and BTECs potentially not counting etc.....