1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A reading resource for primary schools

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by splinters, Oct 31, 2015.

1. splinters

splinters Established commenter

Sorry if there is crossover with another thread where I have asked for feedback on developing the website as an educational resource but thought I would put up my website www.buddyworldbooks.com which is collection of books I have written and illustrated over many years. The site, as well as being a showcase of the books is an interactive world to explore complete with games and activities to accompany the books which can be read on screen in a static (3D rendered) form or as interactive flip books.
    There is a free tour on the site and I welcome feedback regarding the 'sample' section. Educators can also request a pass to try out the full site before subscribing. For the record the only income stream is through the subscription as I don't have an adverts, pop ups or external links making is a safe place for young explorers.
    Schools I have worked in have subscribed as a reading resource primarily for SEN students to encourage them to read but I have even found sixth formers enjoying the site.
    Take a tour here at www.buddyworldbooks.com

Promotional video here:

All the books are also available on iTunes and as ebooks from lulu, amazon, Barnes and Noble etc.