1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A quick goodbye

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by mikeshaw, Nov 21, 2019.

1. mikeshaw

mikeshaw Administrator Staff Member

Good morning,

I’ve not posted much from my own account in the forums for ages, but thought I would today as… it’s my final day at Tes / Tes Resources.

After nearly 18 years at Tes on both the editorial and digital sides, I’m moving to Utrecht to take on a new role with a Dutch publishing company.

My departure coincides with the completion of the Resources team’s move to Sheffield, where it will be led by the brilliant Stephanie Burke. Some of you will hopefully have met her at one or two of our author events, but, if not, I hope you will. The site is in safe hands.

The goal behind the most difficult choices we made in the last two years was to ensure that the Resources platform would remain viable for the future, and continue to be a place where teachers all over the world could share for free or by selling to each other. I’m extremely glad that we accomplished that mission, and the site is now self-sustaining.

The team’s ambitions to continue to grow Tes Resources globally remain huge, which is why you may notice more and more work being done around areas including our exclusive partnership with the International Baccalaureate. It’s also been great to see the expansion of the Author Academy to include online events for our authors outside the UK.

I’m extremely grateful fo the author community for your support, your advice, and your challenging comments over the years. Some of you I knew via the Tes forums long before I moved over to Resources, and some others of you I’ve been delighted to get to know at our events or over drinks in Sheffield, London, Manchester and other cities. (My wife, though, was relieved when I stopped checking the Tes Authors Facebook group first thing on Saturday mornings).

To state what should be obvious about the author community: you are the reason there is a Tes Resources site. We’ve just provided a platform. Your work is why teachers come here, and it is your work that has influenced lessons taught to millions of young people all over the world.

So, a final massive thank you from me.

Thanks,

Michael Shaw

Director of Tes Resources (until about 5pm today)
    Twitter: @mrmichaelshaw

tesclockfixed2 copy.jpg

2. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

good bye, good luck , all the best

bonxie, tarates and mikeshaw like this.
  3. nwilkin

nwilkin Occasional commenter

Thanks for all your support over the past few years. Good luck in your new role.

mikeshaw and tarates like this.
  4. clairevorster

clairevorster New commenter

Thank you for everything Mike, and all the best in your new role. Utrecht is a great place!

mikeshaw and tarates like this.
  5. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

Thanks for all your hard work, help and advice over the years, Michael. Best of luck in your new job, in a new country too! You don't do things by halves, do you?
    Congrats, Steph, on your new job! I'm certain you will be fab at it :)

Vaarwel! (yes, I did have to Google that)

mikeshaw, MosaiK and nwilkin like this.
  6. chalky1234567

chalky1234567 New commenter

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikeshaw likes this.
  7. MosaiK

MosaiK Occasional commenter

All the Best. :)

mikeshaw likes this.
  8. barbaramcn

barbaramcn New commenter

I’m a newcomer with regards to uploading resources so can’t comment on the changes made but I wish you good luck and all the best in your future role.