1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A quick chicken marinade?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by grandelf, Aug 18, 2011.

1. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Looking to serve chicken breasts with Jackets and veggies in about 2 hours (inc cooking time)

Anyone have a fast and easy Marinade that will perk up the meal? I have lots of herbs, spices, sauces in. Everything from Soya sauce, Fresh ginger to Harissa paste via rice wine vinegar and chilli powder.

2. My favourite is very simple: olive oil,chunks of lemon, garlic and rosemary. Marinade for as long as possible and then throw the whole thing in the oven.

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

snap Cosmos, but I chuck in some wine and sometimes use thyme.
    The same does for a shoulder of lamb, with onion added and bay leaves instead of rosemary.

4. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Thanks ladies, giving it a try.

5. Chuck in wine lapin? No, no. The wine goes in the cook! I use thyme too if available and sometimes finish off the dish with basil.

6. Forgot to say grandelf - save the liquid. I use it in a risotto...delicious.

7. honey, soy sauce, a chilli, coriander seeds, star anise and cinnamon, tomato paste...

8. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

For two people, make a rub of 1/4 teaspon of chilli flakes, a heaped teaspoon of paprika, about ten crushed peppercorns and some salt along with a heaped teaspoon of dried oregano. Rub it into the chicken and then sprinkle with the juice of a lemon and marinade for an hour or more before cooking.
    Slash the chicken breasts 2/3ds throurgh a few times before you rub to help the marinade penetrate the meat.

9. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

[​IMG]