1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A question to Head Teachers regarding cover agencies.

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by NotGoingOut, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Dear Head,
    may I ask if, when you use an Agency to supply cover teachers, do you only use agencies with the Quality Mark?

A small band of use (all qualified Teachers) want to start a supply agency to offer Teachers but we want to charge a much lower hourly rate than the large agencies.
    We will be following the DFES guidelines on CRB, list 99 checks, references etc but to gain the quality mark, we have to have been in business for twelve months.

Can I ask....would you use us, even without the quality mark?

2. If your staff were good and you were cheaper why not?

3. It would never occur to me to look for a quality mark. It is the quality of the teachers that counts.

4. Thank you so much for your replies. I will forge ahead with our plans
    What this space lol

5. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

If you are communicating to schools to advertise your new agency I would make sure you spell check any emails, flyers etc. This is not meant as a criticism and is kindly meant but many headteachers would be put off if your communication contained mistakes. It might make them wonder about the quality of the staff they would be getting for supply.