1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Question about Primary DH Interview Lesson - Not asking for help on content!!

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by stupid fool, Apr 22, 2012.

1. stupid fool

stupid fool New commenter

Hi
    I would be really grateful if any experienced heads could offer me a little advice?
    I have my first DH interview in a couple of week and have to teach a 20 minutes Literacy lesson.
    My question is as a Head would you prefer to see a nice safe good lesson or would it be better to go for it, head for the WOW factor even though it may not quite work out. Is is best to play it safe or take a risk?
    Thanks

2. stupid fool

stupid fool New commenter

Hi
    I would be really grateful if any experienced heads could offer me a little advice?
    I have my first DH interview in a couple of week and have to teach a 20 minutes Literacy lesson.
    My question is as a Head would you prefer to see a nice safe good lesson or would it be better to go for it, head for the WOW factor even though it may not quite work out. Is is best to play it safe or take a risk?
    Thanks

3. I want to see engaged and enthused learners that make progress and you using AfL to ensure it happens. Which will do that?
    Good luck!

4. Ditto - jump around dressed as Henry VIII if you like but make sure whatever you do passes the OFSTED 'So what?' test i.e. do the children appear to have learnt something new as a result of your teaching. That's not to say that you should simply 'play it safe' - only that the learning shouldn't be lost in the performance.