1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

a question about premoderation

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by theselofane, Nov 8, 2019.

1. theselofane

theselofane Occasional commenter

Whenever I visit this forum my posts turn green and say "awaiting premoderation". Is this the same for everyone all of the time, or does it get turned off eventually? Thanks:)

2. theselofane

theselofane Occasional commenter

Well thanks for eventually publishing my post (3 days later) - but some sort of response, perhaps from the moderator who decides that my post passes the censors, would be appreciated.

3. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

Hi,

From the "How to Guide"
    PLEASE NOTE: All new members' posts are pre-moderated. This means that any new threads or posts submitted will be read and approved by a member of the Moderation Team before they are published.

However, I see you have 199 posts so you are clearly not a new member. I've no idea why you are still being pre-moderated.

By contrast there have been a number of posts from first time posters which are blatant adverts and so should not have been allowed, yet have somehow got through the pre-moderation. All rather strange.

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Tagging @TES_Rosaline who can reply to your question.

I don't know if posts by pre-moderation posters get looked at over the weekend or only during TES admin office hours (which I'm guessing are Monday - Friday 9-5 or thereabouts, but I could be wrong!). Again @TES_Rosaline may wish to comment.

5. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thank you @Rott Weiler.

Limited moderation does happen out of office hours.We endeavour to moderate posts usually within 24 hours, but during busy periods this can take longer.

New members are pre-moderated because we have had issues with disruptive elements causing problems on the forums.