1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A question about curtains and other household linens.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Nov 6, 2011.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

We had Sanderson Chrysanthemum in our first home (1975)- £2.50 / yd made up - linen union. Absolutely gorgeous. They were altered and used several times and now appear as dust covers when we decorate.

2. Souleiado is lovely but its traditional Provencal designs rather than vintage.
    Have you tried charity shops in upmarket areas? I once saw a pair of Liberty curtains in a Shelter shop.

3. Aargh, I've now developed a bit of an obsession. I found myself on Ebay seriously considering bidding for an old letterpress tray, which is nothing to do with vintage tablecloths etc...
    Minnie, there aren't any second-hand shops around here (well, there's one) but I do know a very good one in Edinburgh that has a lot of vintage-y homeware so it's my plan to go next time I'm in the city.
    Lapin - great site, and I realised I'd already found it in my search. Folksy is nice, but it's not really up my street. I don't know who mentioned Dunelm, but I quite like it - I actually bought my sewing machine from there (which I've used once) :)

4. Is it me, or does funnyandfree remind you of a late, unlamented poster?
    One whose freedom was curtailed by being banned and whose Hyacinth Bucket routine was never remotely funny.

5. Live and let live, eh?

6. Generally speaking...

7. [​IMG]