1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A quandry!

Discussion in 'Geography' started by theyesman, May 23, 2012.

1. theyesman

theyesman New commenter

My other half has been offered a job in London next year. Great! I hear you say. But (and it's a big but) they are absolutley useless at finding their way around using maps and I am worried about getting panicky phonecalls from lost souls at strange O'Clock!
    In your honest opinion would they be better off going to night school and studying for an A level in geography to enable everything from demographic trends to be identified through to shifting coastline changes and the identification of landmarks taken from OS maps or buying a Tom Tom from Halfords?
    I'm thinking - go with the simple solution but this isn't always best.
    Thanks everyone
    The Yesman

2. theyesman

theyesman New commenter

My other half has been offered a job in London next year. Great! I hear you say. But (and it's a big but) they are absolutley useless at finding their way around using maps and I am worried about getting panicky phonecalls from lost souls at strange O'Clock!
    In your honest opinion would they be better off going to night school and studying for an A level in geography to enable everything from demographic trends to be identified through to shifting coastline changes and the identification of landmarks taken from OS maps or buying a Tom Tom from Halfords?
    I'm thinking - go with the simple solution but this isn't always best.
    Thanks everyone
    The Yesman