1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A project for several lessons...

Discussion in 'English' started by Sealhawk, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Sealhawk

Sealhawk New commenter

Hi guys

I'm currently trying to devise a nice multi-lesson project for a Year 9 middle (but more like bottom) set English class that practices their basic grammar and punctuation skills but perhaps also incorporates elements of 'varied writing styles'.

As a very basic idea I'm thinking of doing something around the concept of designing a new theme park - putting together an advertising leaflet for it, a newspaper article promoting it's opening, profiles of some entertainers etc. I thought it could be rounded off with a bit of a S + L assessment at the end presenting their work.

Any thoughts or similar projects you may have would be very welcome!

Thanks

2. montyjacs

montyjacs New commenter

try googling independent learning projects or similar - there are some great ones out there.
    best wishes

3. Clarerees

Clarerees New commenter

I have something vaguely similar which I can send to you. Check your messages on your profile!

4. If your school does DIDA for ICT there is an entire scheme of work based on the theme park idea. You might consider a cross curricular approach if this is the case.