1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A pat on the back for the chalkies!

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Dominie, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Dominie

Dominie New commenter

Evening all.

Not been here for a while. I have other things to do, having retired two years ago. I have looked in now and again though and I see that life goes on in the staff room, with the usual mixture of triumph, disaster and humour!

I thought I would share this, just in case you lot have been down a mine somewhere or out of touch abroad during your hols. It reminded me of why I did the job in the first place and continued to do it for 38 years. For me, it represents what we can expect from our finest young people in their respective fields, given the opportunity of supportive parents and a good Scottish education.

Give yourselves a pat on the back. You helped Mhairi and tens of thousands like her to achieve ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33531466/mhairi-blacks-first-speech-five-things-we-learned