1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A night away - suggestions

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dominant_tonic, Feb 13, 2016.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I live in South Wales, and am looking for just one night away next week. I want to leave on Tuesday coming back Wednesday, and preferably somewhere East or North, i.e. not West Wales, as I have a rehearsal in Newport Wednesday evening which I will be coming back for. About 2 hours driving should be fine. (Not training it because of rehearsal on Wednesday).

Any ideas? Don't care about anything really, ie what's to do, I just need to be on my own, somewhere different. Apart from that, no specifics.

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Oxford?

Bristle?

London. Well, DUH.

3. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Oxfoed - that could be nice. Not so fond of Bristol, and London I would train to - but could drive as far as Newport and train up I suppose, but can't be asked for 2 days. Oxford I've fancied in the pst though. That's the current forerunner :) Thanks GDW

4. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

Hay-on-Wye?

The Cotswolds?

Oxford is fab too.

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Bath? Hereford? Warwick/Leamington Spa/Stratford?

6. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Oxford can be expensive to lodge at......Bath is lovely.....
    Did you fancy coastal, city or countryside though?

7. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Cheltenham?

8. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

I was jjust going to say that!

9. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

10. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I'd vote for Bath - it's on my list for a couple of nights away soon. Oxford is good too though or prioritise the hotel / b and b and find somewhere cosy in the Cotwolds.

11. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Bath (or Oxford)....love the former, went to the latter, so depends on what YOU want. [I like Bath more though, as if it's good weather, lovely walks around to see Jane Austen sites or even the Roman Baths, some great little shops and just a lovely place.]

12. FlyingFoxBat

FlyingFoxBat New commenter

York or Whitby.