1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

A new exam officer

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by trinity0097, Jan 1, 2012.

  1. trinity0097

    trinity0097 New commenter

    I am in charge of exams in my current school (up to Yr 8), from 2014 we will start a senior school with the first intake of Yr 9 pupils. I have never adminstered/organised GCSE exams and have no clue as to where to start to find out information, I know it's early days, but I want to be prepared!
    Are there generic courses that are available, or do you have to do a course for each exam board?
  2. strawbs

    strawbs Established commenter

  3. Do get in touch with edexcel and find out about BTEC stuff to make sure your heads of department stay the right side of the rules.
  4. trinity0097

    trinity0097 New commenter

    I can't imagine that we would be doing anything other than straight-forward GCSEs. I managed to find a link on the Dept of Edu site about support officers, and one is ringing me back on Friday to discuss the situation.
  5. markuss

    markuss Occasional commenter

    Bit of pedantry on assessment history for you, trinity as it's your specialist field: exam boards went (by the board, you might say) over ten years ago. People who aren't specialists still use the term "exam boards", of course but those "in the know" call AQA etc by the correct term. They're Awarding Bodies. There aren't any exam boards any more than there are school boards in England, which went rather longer ago.

Share This Page