1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A mission to get the world to blog together on 29 February

Discussion in 'Primary' started by TES_Community, Feb 23, 2012.

1. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

A mission to get the world to blog together on 29 February will hopefully inspire scores of young writers.
    Heathfield Primary in Bolton has already gained an international reputation for encouraging its pupils to blog. Deputy head David Mitchell introduced classes to the idea in 2009, and since then they have been busy posting their writing online. Further information on how you can join in is available here:
    Innovative Practice - Clever blogs

2. Great idea, I think it's so important to give students a reason to write for an audience. They can easily get caught up in the idea that they write only to complete a task for the teacher. As part of this project it would be good for the students to comment on each other's blogs to give some feedback and to let young bloggers know that they are being heard.

3. tpt51

tpt51 New commenter

Could someone help? What is blogging? How does it work? How easy is it to set up?

4. I went on the link which worked and read the article but the links in the article do not work so I can't find out any more. Can you help Tes?

5. groovyshell83

groovyshell83 Occasional commenter

I want to blog with my class but am a bit concerned about the safety implications eg with cyber bullying and lack of control if they are all using their own email accounts. Is there anyway to get over this?

6. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Hi
    Please try again. Two links were too close together but it's now fixed.
    Thanks, Bev

7. I'm not sure if the children need email addresses as it was set up through our network/server where all children do have an email address already. Sorry - too technical for me, but the help pages or email support is good. Anyway, love the idea of blogging together!

8. groovyshell83

groovyshell83 Occasional commenter

I have just created my class blog with kidblog. Rusty could you add me as a guest to your class so I can have a look and maybe show my class so they get the idea of what to do then we can figure a way to get our classes blogging together

9. Hi again groovyshell,
    Mail me at patrick_i@intst.net with your name and I'll send you the log in and password.

10. And...I've just looked at the 'Comment Settings' tab. It seems that if we have another class' url we can then view other class blogs. It'll be great to see if it works...