1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A message from FW

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Nov 14, 2019.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Had a pm today from Frank. Apparently he is now persona non grata at TES towers. He asked that I pass on the news and he sends his best. Hopefully, just like MacArthur he will return.

josienig, chelsea2, colpee and 6 others like this.
  2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Very sorry to hear this! Best wishes to Frank. Hope he comes back soon!

blazer, Laphroig, ilovesooty and 4 others like this.
  3. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Sad to hear this. Hope he comes back and doesn't join the ranks of the disappeared.

blazer, ilovesooty, josienig and 5 others like this.
  4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Thanks for letting us know.

5. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Send him my best wishes too.

Jamvic and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

That's not good news at all. Be back soon Frank.

If this is the result of him being reported there are maybe some who need to get a grip on their sense of priorities. It's only pixels on a sodding screen after all. Frank's one of the soundest commentators on here, even if you disgree with him.

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I assume this thread will get pulled soon.

BelleDuJour and towncryer like this.
  8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

There soon won't be anybody left. :(

Thanks for the info though. We do tend to worry when a regular poster goes AWOL.

9. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Absolutely! I’ve seen threads where he appears to have been stalked and goaded. Sadly the mods do not seem to see what is going on below the surface.

10. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Another one gone :(

Will there be any of the "old timers" left? Will TES resemble what modern state schools now are..... as in 40+ have 'disappeared'?

towncryer, Jamvic, catmother and 2 others like this.
  11. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

New mods have got to be trained how to do their job somehow, same as with surgical students. It ain't possible to learn how to do cardiac surgery just from books. Sooner or later, someone used to blood, has to pick up a knife to show them how to remove a heart.

towncryer and HelenREMfan like this.
  12. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Shame they can't demonstrate on one of the useless appendages instead

Jamvic likes this.
  13. catmother

catmother Star commenter

We've been here before.

14. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Please, please, please!

Me, me, me.

I can do cadaver.

15. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I think he is still reading the forums and he still seems to have pm privileges.

Lara mfl 05 and Jamvic like this.
  16. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

Should be back soon hopefully then.

catmother, ilovesooty and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  17. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

I’m trying to hang on...

18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Is four years an old timer now?

nomad and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  19. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

This isn't the only forum on the Interweb. It is one though that people who regularly post on, become attached to as though we are part of their family.

Try to imagine what it's like when families break up through divorce. It hurts when you don't get to share a pint and a joke with your brother in law and your sister in law stops flirting with you, just because your ex has had enough of you and thinks everyone on her side of the family ought to avoid you.

My view about posters I have different views to, is that behind every persona is a person who beyond our differing opinions, there is other stuff to share and enjoy.

It isn't just what I might enjoy sharing with any of you. Other people who I have difficulty in finding common ground with, might enjoy conversing with you.

We all know how the forum is moderated. Most of us are able to behave like adults. I regard it as childish and utterly selfish to report a post that isn't so offensive, it would offend the most reasonable, liberal-minded defender of free speech.

If Frank is still viewing the forum, it says a bit about it being a part of his life, just as it is for everyone who became addicted to it.

Bear in mind, that if you're in the habit of being trigger happy with the report button, one day it might be you being excluded. It won't be me dobbing you in. It will be someone just like you.

20. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

If you are slung off you can't stop folks viewing. It is a public forum. You just can't post on it or have a membership.

Weald56 likes this.