1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

a markbook resource for you

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by OneLooseCrank, Mar 16, 2018.

1. OneLooseCrank

OneLooseCrank Occasional commenter

Hi all,
    I've been working on a markbook for our department for a number of years now and it is being an increasingly powerful tool for tracking student progress and identifying students needing intervention. I am sharing what I have built freely and am happy to undertake suggestions as to other features you would like to see.
    The markbook uses a weighted average function that is not a part of any free markbook. The weighted average can be used to place priority to grades attained in a particular term, or weight them equally. Assessment titles do not have to be the same between teachers like in other paid for markbooks. And I've built in a small and simple automatic reporting module which ensures that a basic report has the right name and a standard comment for each grade in each AO. This can be easily copied and pasted into whatever reporting program you are using.
    I understand that there is a move away from such scrutiny and data heavy recording, but we use it very much as tracking and intervention, whist report writing can be reduced to minutes rather than hours.
    Click through to my uploads where you will find the excel markbook and a manual to guide you through the basic uses.
    And once again, I'd be interested in your feedback as I will continue to build features and functionality into the database.
    OLC

2. tb9605

tb9605 Established commenter

Thanks for sharing. I'll take a look and post a review once I've tried it out.

3. Monny19

Monny19 New commenter

where is the file? I don't seem to see it. thanks

4. OneLooseCrank

OneLooseCrank Occasional commenter

Hopefully this link will take you to it, otherwise you just click on the avatar and follow the links to their uploads / resources. I am currently aware that the Speaking and Listening column isn't tracking their grades, I'll fix and upload v5.2 when I have a chance.