1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A low maintenance long hair cut

Discussion in 'Personal' started by modelmaker, Aug 9, 2011.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I've been letting my hair grow since I stopped doing regular work. It's now at the bottom of my neck at the back and at the bottom of ears at the sides.
    Although I've never particularly been one for vanity, I actually prefer it longer, and people react to me me in a friendlier manner. Given my age, it probably makes them think I have an individual character.
    Mrs modelmaker has very kindly hacked some of it off in the past, but she's no hair stylist. I'm thinking of investing in having it styled, now there's enough of it to work with but I have no idea what to suggest to head toward other than that of my guitar hero Jeff Beck who is a similar age and build.
    Any good suggestions will be welcome. My hair is mostly light brown with natural highlights.

2. modelmaker

I've been letting my hair grow since I stopped doing regular work. It's now at the bottom of my neck at the back and at the bottom of ears at the sides.
    Although I've never particularly been one for vanity, I actually prefer it longer, and people react to me me in a friendlier manner. Given my age, it probably makes them think I have an individual character.
    Mrs modelmaker has very kindly hacked some of it off in the past, but she's no hair stylist. I'm thinking of investing in having it styled, now there's enough of it to work with but I have no idea what to suggest to head toward other than that of my guitar hero Jeff Beck who is a similar age and build.
    Any good suggestions will be welcome. My hair is mostly light brown with natural highlights.

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Avoid the mullet at all costs! How about the Jon Bon Jovi look?:
    [​IMG]

4. modelmaker

You'll have to forgive me, manashee, I'm unfamiliar with the mullet. Do you have an example? Bon Jovi I could probably do with a fair degree of success.

5. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Mullet - short on top, long at the bottom (think Pat Sharpe in his hey day).
    Like this:
    [​IMG]
    The Fabio look is another one to avoid:
    [​IMG]

6. modelmaker

Right, I agree that ain't me, nor early Michael Bolton.

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I think the Bon Jovi cut is you. But there is another one I'm thinking of that I can't quite put my finger on. Give me a few mins. It'll come to me.

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

OOOH! Keith Urban - that's the fella. Lovely haircut (lovely everything actually):
    [​IMG]

9. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Just realised that MrCatmother has got the Fabio cut!

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Has he got Fabio's bod too?

11. anon468

anon468 New commenter

My lad's got the 'just got out of prison' buzz cut.
    I remember when he had his long hair and his shaved sides...

12. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Don't know. I've never seen Fabio's bod! However,I assume that he probably has not......

13. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ze bod de Fabio:
    [​IMG]

14. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I bet MrCatmother's has got a much nicer personality!

15. anon468

anon468 New commenter